Subject: Re: Filters
To: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/18/1998 10:19:18
On Mon 17 Aug 1998, Mike Sienicki wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are there any filters included with NetBSD that I can set up to add a
> carriage return after each line feed when I send text to my laser printer?
> If so, how would the "if" entry appear in the printcap file to add the CR?
> Have I given enough facts for you to even answer this request?

I don't know about standard filters for the above problem, but maybe I
can get you a bit on the way. I have a postcript laser printer connected
and use nenscript to convert ascii files to postcript. In my /etc/printcap,
the definition looks like:

lpl|local line printer:\
        :lp=/dev/lpa0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :of=/usr/local/bin/nenscript.wrapper:mx#0:sh:

It should not be too difficult to create a filter that adds CR's to the
output...

Leo.