Subject: Re: se0/DDB/ser0
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/03/1998 09:15:34
Leo Weppelman wrote:
> The sequence is: ALT + LSHIFT + F9. The drawback is that this will not work
> when something is looping at high priority. Given the fact that there still
> appear echo's on the screen this shouldn't be a problem. [ when it does
> _not_ work, drop me a mail, there are work-arounds ;-) ]

Aha!  Thanks.  Could you add this to the DDB man page?

> I forgot the exact problem, but it boiled down to the fact that it is
> impossible (AFAIK) to turn off the damned floppy when there is no floppy in
> the drive :-( Note that the drive is turned off approx. 30 seconds after a
> floppy is inserted.

Yes - I noticed that.  I even resorted to reading my dev docs [*] to see if
there was anything there.  I didn't see anything :-(  I also looked to see
if there was anything about HD support.  Unfortunately, the TT supplement
I have doesn't mention them - presumably because the first TT's came with
DD drives.

> So much for that test :-(

Yes ... I don't have enough disk space to have 1.3 and -current.  Perhaps
I should get a bigger disk ... (again :-)

You mentioned snapshots a while back.  Are they easy to produce?  I could
build one and then drop it on my machine at work.  It's no problem for me
to upload because I have a QIC drive both at home and at work.

Thanks,

[*] Looking at them now - they're more software dev docs than hardware docs.
Does the Profibuch have hardware docs?  Is it still available?
--
    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.