Subject: se0/DDB/ser0
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/02/1998 15:34:30
Hmm, trying to get se0 (Cabletron EA412 SCSI <-> ethernet adapter) to work.
I can ifconfig it OK and even ping it from another machine.  However, if I
try and use it, the machine locks up (typed characters appear on the screen
but that's it).  Is there any way to drop into DDB when it does this?  Some
ports have a key sequence to do this.  I can't see one for the Atari port
though :(

Also, when I boot with no floppy in the drive, I see that the floppy light
comes on and stays on about the time the SCSI bus is probed.  Now, ser0 is
probed just before this.  Could it be that the calls to ym2149_rts() and/or
ym2149_dtr() are inadvertantly setting floppy0 select [*]?

PS.  I tried running a 1.3 kernel to see if the mouse behave oddly under X
there too.  However, it failed to boot when fsck run - 'bad system call'.

[*] Ack!  I can't remember if floppy1 select also switches the internel
floppy light on.
--
    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.