Subject: Re: TT030 : support for TTM195, Riebl?
To: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/17/1998 14:15:50
On Wed 17 Jun 1998, Julian Coleman wrote:
> chris_gray wrote:
> > I noticed that just after I posted. :/I was confused by the step-by-step
> > installation instructions, which say that there is no point in trying to
> > "configure the network", as none of the network cards are supported.
> > Guess that's out of date?
>
> This applies to the installation kernels only - as there is no support for
> the cards compiled into the kernel, you can't do a network install.  Perhaps
> this should be clearer in the documentation?

I just changed this section to read:

    7. Configure your network
        Currently none of the kernels supplied in the distribution has
        network support builtin. If you compiled your own kernel, network
        configuration mostly works. [ Due to space limitiations, some
        of the network commands are not present on the install floppy ]

Hope this will do the trick...

Leo.