Subject: Re: Dumb terminal login
To: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 04/30/1998 22:31:44
On Wed 29 Apr 1998, Mike Sienicki wrote:
> Howdy,
> I tried to login using a dumb terminal connected to the /dev/ser02 port
> with an entry in the /etc/ttys file consisting of:
>
> ser02   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   ansi   on secure rtscts

This looks ok.

[ ... ]

> According to what I read in the faq it says: "You can use this port (mdm01)
> as a console. When DCD is supplied during the device probing, the mdm01
> port will become the system console.</li>".  Does this still hold true for
> the V1.3 kernel?

Now I'm getting confused... Are you sure that you are hooking up to the
right port (ser02)?

Concerning the mdm01 port:
  - This port is not configured in the BOOTX and ATARITT kernels
  - You need to enable the option 'SERCONSOLE' in the config file to
    enable the console behaviour.

Leo.