Subject: Dumb terminal login
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 04/29/1998 15:39:53
Howdy,
I tried to login using a dumb terminal connected to the /dev/ser02 port
with an entry in the /etc/ttys file consisting of:

ser02   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   ansi   on secure rtscts

The only thing that seems to happen is that anything I type on the dumb
terminal is echoed back (i.e. no prompting for user name or password).  Is
an entry in "remote" required to make this work or am I forgetting to do
something else?  Maybe that's to be expected from a "dumb" terminal. (8^)>

According to what I read in the faq it says: "You can use this port (mdm01)
as a console. When DCD is supplied during the device probing, the mdm01
port will become the system console.</li>".  Does this still hold true for
the V1.3 kernel?

By the way - thanks D.B. for trying to help me with this.  It appears that
the Atari port is somewhat different than the PC port when dealing with the
RS-232 dev's.

Thanks guys from Video Mike