Subject: Re: Tty patches applied to -current
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/25/1998 14:02:04
> I haven't decided what to call the dailin/dialout nodes yet... It would be
> nice to have a logical connection between the two. Personally I was thinking
> to split the nodes into 2 directories:
>     /dev/ttyin
>     /dev/ttyout
>
> This sceme was mentioned by Greg Woods on tech-kern. All the other scemes seem
> to loose on the atari-port since we have mdm0[12] and ser[01]...
> Anyway, I haven't decided yet and that's why I haven't changed the MAKEDEV
> script yet. Feel free to comment ;-)

Umm, I'm not really a fan of directories in the /dev space (yes, I know
there is /dev/fd/).  Trouble is (as you say), the current naming scheme
doesn't leave much choice.  We could always change to /dev/tty[0-3] ...

PS.  I have the Xserver working on the Crazy Dots card (although it is not
too stable at the maximun pixel clock - although this might be power supply
problems).  The device driver still needs a little work.  I haven't
progressed on the boot preference program.  Not enough spare time at the
minute :(

--
    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.