Subject: Tty patches applied to -current
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/25/1998 13:25:58
This started as a piece of another thread, but it is probably important
enough to mention it on it's own...

This morning (CET ;-) I applied the changes to the ser, ite and zs drivers
that should make them compliant to the new tty-sceme. There has been a split
between dial-in and dial-out devices  - for details consult tech-kern.
It all seems to work now, but if you have problems in this area please
send-pr them.

I haven't decided what to call the dailin/dialout nodes yet... It would be
nice to have a logical connection between the two. Personally I was thinking
to split the nodes into 2 directories:
    /dev/ttyin
    /dev/ttyout

This sceme was mentioned by Greg Woods on tech-kern. All the other scemes seem
to loose on the atari-port since we have mdm0[12] and ser[01]...
Anyway, I haven't decided yet and that's why I haven't changed the MAKEDEV
script yet. Feel free to comment ;-)

Leo.