Subject: Problems with new 1.3.1 kernel
To: (NetBSD port-atari) <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Brandt <mike@wowbagger.pc-labor.uni-bremen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/18/1998 21:40:31
Hi,

I just tried to update to NetBSD 1.3.1, but the newly compiled kernel crashed
during initilization. I took the following steps:

- Applied the patches from netbsd.org to my 1.3 sources.
- Compiled the new libraries.
- Installed the new libraries in the running system.
- Created a new compilation directory for the kernel with the old "config".
  (As far as I could see there were no patches to the config program).
- Built the rest of the programs and the kernel.

When I try to boot with the new kernel, it crashes with an error message from
the vm system. I can repeat the process and write down the stack trace if that
is needed.

Any ideas?

Greetings

Mike

Hiroshima 45 - Tschernobyl 86 - Windows 95