Subject: ET4000 questions
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/11/1998 16:04:39
When I started the Crazy Dots driver, I used the routines from grfabs_et.c
(in /usr/src/sys/arch/atari/dev) to initialise the board.  However, the
board would end up unitialised.  I tracked down the culprit to line 639
in grfabs_et.c - function et_boardinit().  This sets the video system
configuration register.  The problem is that the Crazy Dots board needs
to have 16 bit I/O operations (bit 7 set).  If that line were changed
from :

	WCrt(ba, CRT_ID_VIDEO_CONFIG1,    0x73);

to:

	WCrt(ba, CRT_ID_VIDEO_CONFIG1,    0xf3);

would the initialisation still work on the Hades card?

The second thing is that the Crazy Dots card needs a write to base + 0x00
to set the dot clock.  Will this affect the card in the Hades if it is in
the ET4000 X server?

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.