Subject: Re: Xservers
To: Holger Dammann <Holger_Dammann@hb2.maus.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/03/1998 13:19:02
On Sun 01 Mar 1998, Holger Dammann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >XF68_SVGA                       for Hades with et4000/w32
> >XF68_W32                        for Hades with et4000/w32
>
> perhaps it's a typical newbie question, but are there any X servers for other
> cards? I'm looking for a X server for my TC1006 and MV300 (Atari TT).

Currently not. Two things must be done to make this happen for a specific
card:
  1) The device must be recognized by the kernel. Work is in progress for
     the CrazyDots card at the moment. There is a patch for the Leonardo
     card.
  2) There must be an suitable XF68 Xserver for the chipset. Adapting the
     xserver for use with a grf-device should not be too hard (I think).

Leo.