Subject: ET4000 driver - more help needed
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 01/07/1998 22:56:30
I wrote:
> Ar.  I thought I would split the VME and PCI front ends into two small files.
> I will stitch them back together again. :-)

I've been trying to put the VME match/attach routines into grfabs_et.c as
a probe routine.  In the match/attach routines for the other VME devices
(e.g. le, leo), the functions are passed :

	et_vme_match (pdp, cfp, auxp)
		struct device *pdp, *cfp;
		void *auxp.

and have :

	struct vme_attach_args *va = auxp;

Then the bus tags are found from :

	va->va_iot;
	va->va_memt;

However, the PCI probe in grfabs_et.c doesn't have this.  The PCI tags
are created using :

	pci_make_tag (NULL, 0, n, 0);

What do I need to do to find/create the VME bus tags?  I think I need these
so that I can do :

	bus_space_map (memt, maddr, msize, 0, &memh);
	bus_space_map (iot, ioaddr, iosize, 0, &ioh);

before probing the addresses.

Thanks,

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.