Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3 and X11
To: NetBSD port-atari <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Gerner <thomas@murmel.camelot.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 01/07/1998 14:40:12
On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 12:44:58AM -0000, Michael Brandt wrote:

> I've been following the recent discussion on X serevers and in combination with
> NetBSD 1.3. This raises a few questions for me.
>
> I am currently running 1.2E with X11R6.1 and Xdaniver. This works very fine
> with my TT-high monitor. When switching to 1.3 I would also like to change X11
> to release 6.3 sooner or later. And now the questions:
>
> - Will Xdaniver work with R6.3? If so, does it support everything belonging to
>   6.3 or are there any problems?

There is no reason why it should not. Xdaniver is based on X11R6 and the changes
from X11R6 to X11R6.3 regarding X-server are as far as I know not to much.

> - Does Xdaniver run on 1.3 or must anything be changed?

I have not yet tried it, but it should run.

> - What would be the best starting point to compile X11R6.3? Shall I use the
>   original sources, Xfree86(68?) or the source tree which is available with 1.3?

Best would be the xsrc tree from NetBSD. I don't know if the other sources
contain all necessary changes needed for NetBSD.

> - Is there any alternative to Xdaniver for a TT in TT-high resolution?

Will be availabel soon after 1.3 release.

Thomas