Subject: Help sought (and other assorted ramblings)
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/22/1997 23:15:20
Hi all,

        There are a few things that I want to get done in the next couple
of weeks. It are all relatively small tasks, but they add up to more
time than I can spend alone. So if you think you can be of assistance
in one of the projects below drop me a mail...

  - providing a method to install from 1.44Mb floppies.
    I thought about using 'md1'. It should not be difficult, but
    needs some testing.
  - Checking the installation docs (cleanup, clarify some things
    add things from the beginner.install).
  - Check for (and create) missing atari specific man pages. Missing
    are at least ide(4), ser(4)

Not relocating the kernel to TT-ram has solved the MMU-fault problems for
Benni and Udo. I don't have the faintest idea why this is the case, but I
will make relocation an option (it _is_ faster) and no relocation the
default.

Is any of you interested in having ATAPI support on the IDE interface? This
is just for the record ;-)

Leo.