Subject: 1.2D MMU Fault panics
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: None <D.L.Hastings@exeter.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/02/1997 22:07:48
>> No, that was the whole trace. Sometimes it doesn't even give that much,
>> just the first 4 lines.
>Sigh, that won;t help me much...

:(

>> SCSI drive got cleard for NetBSD. ;) At most I could move my swap
>> partition to the IDE drive (would it work from there?)
>
>	config netbsd root on sd0a swap on wd0b

WEell I tried just giving a partition id of NBS on the IDE but it
didn't find it - I suspected something more was needed...

>> Using the 1.1 SCSI-driver sounds attractive to me since I never
>> had problems with that one. If it didn't take 16 hours (assuming no
>I managed to merge in the 1.1 SCSI driver in the 1.2E BOOT kernel. I'll
>send it to you. _If_ this works, are you willing to track down what

*cheers* I know just how to test it too... Discovered a sure-fire way to
trigger the MMU fault panic - "cp -R /usr/share/man /local"- it munges
away on the disk for 5 or 6 minutes and then panics - usually it then
panics _again_ while trying to dump the registers from the first
panic...

>bit of changes triggers this bug? I mean, the first (full) compile might
>take 16 hours, the next compile - changing 1 source file - should be faster ;-)
>Besides, I'm not in a hurry. I _do_ however, want to get rid of these
>panics!

I'll gladly help, tho I can't promise anything speedy. I'm dying to
get rid of these panics too, if I can't I'll have to stop putting off
getting a PC :(

Dan