Subject: Re: ethernet cards
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Eltrich <elchy@efs.camelot.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/04/1997 10:26:18
Hi Kyle!

You (Kyle Farrell) wrote:
> What ethernet card(s) are supported for the TT by NetBSD?  I'm pretty
> sure I heard the Riebl card is.  Are their any others?  A list of
> ethernet cards I found on the web include:
>
>         Atari Card (Mega or VME bus)
>         Riebl/Wacker (Mega or VME bus)
>         Biodata BioNet 100 II (DMA port or VME bus)
>
> also, anyone know where I might be able to purchase one of these?

I think there are still some RieblCards available in germany from private
persons. The german newsgroups de.markt.comp.misc, de.markt.comp.hardware,
maus.sys.atari.hardware and maus.suche might be the right place for a
query. I purchased 3 (!) RieblCards in september'96 after posting in this
newsgroups. Unfortunately one card was not running, but the other two cards
are working fine for me and Leo :)

You could also send an email to Martin Reitzlein <Martin_Reitzlein@gi.maus.de>
and ask him politely whether he still has RieblCards available. Martin sold
me two of the cards ...

If you're a hardware guru, you could even take my broken RieblCard and try
to repair it. I would send it to you if you pay the postal costs :)

Bye, Elchy

--
 Andreas Eltrich  ( ( )    ( ) )  e-Mail: elchy@efs.camelot.de
 Munich, Germany  `-^-^-@@-^-^-'  http://www.camelot.de/~elchy