Subject: Re: boot/display/compiling problems
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Matti Koskimies <msk@bizar.dystopia.fi>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/22/1997 19:14:47
On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Leo Weppelman wrote:

> It can, to be sure however, I need more info. If you type 't' at the debugger
> prompt, you'll get a stack trace. If you can provide me with the function
> names (numbers not necessary ;-) ), I might get a better grip on it.

Well, I actually managed to get ircII to work after doing a second make
on it. But the pine build script seems to crash at a random point, either
by just freezing or by stopping at a debugger error. I've installed the
libm's from ftp.macbsd.com, but they seem to have little or no effect
here :/
Errors seem to vary with pine, the last one I got was an MMU error. I
tried to compile it with the generic kernel (which, btw, doesn't seem to
be able to recognise swap? atleast according to pstat -s) instead of the
one that comes with the netbsd installation pack this time, dunno if that
could effect the outcome. Nevertheless, here's what I got:

Stopped at   _Debugger+0x6:   unlk    a6

trace:
_Debugger
_panic
_panictrap
_trapmmufault
_trap
_addrerr
_delay
_falcon_poll_edma
_transfer_dma
_information_transfer
_scsi_main
_run_main
_ncr_ctrl_intr
_cdmaint
_mfp_fd_acsi

------

 From too much love of living,          ---------------------------
 From hope and fear set free,                 Matti Koskimies
 We thank with brief thanksgiving,            msk@dystopia.fi
 Whatever gods may be,                         matti@dal.net
 That no life lives forever,            http://www.dystopia.fi/~msk
 That dead men rise up never,           ---------------------------
 That even the weariest river winds somewhere safe to sea.   -- Swinburne