Subject: Re: Atari TT030 port
To: Mike Sienicki <video_mike@hotmail.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 01/12/1997 22:27:12
Mike Sienicki wrote:

> work quite well indeed (V1.2), unfortunately I'm still having some
> trouble getting the boot to work correctly.  I copied your new
> "installboot" in the /usr/medc directory and ran it, but, when the
> system is restarted, it comes up with boot options to enter and
> anything I type just simply does not work.  I have read many of the

If I read the above correctly, you *are* at the NetBSD bootloader
command-line. If you did not press the left-shift key while booting,
it only get's there when an error occurs (is there an error message?).
The most probable error is a missing '/netbsd' kernel on your root
filesystem. If this is not the case, could you give more details
about your setup (ie where did you install the loader) and the messages
of the loader?

> messages in the mail section and have not come across this there.
> My TT only has 4Meg of memory.  I have the smallest kernel on my
> floppy boot disk.  Thanx Leo.

The 4Mb cannot be the problem. If that kernel is not on the same disk
as the loader, it might be the problem...

Leo.