Subject: installing X
To: NetBSD Atari <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kyle Farrell <orb@ee.washington.edu>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/30/1996 20:19:27
i'm having trouble installing X11 on my atari.  I got the libraries,
binaries & all from an ftp site (sorry, i forgot the site name).  I've
addded 'ldconfig /usr/local/X11R6' to my rc.local file.  When i try the
'startx' command, i get the following:

-----
xopen_view(): Cross-device link

Fatal server error:
no screens found
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 61):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.
-----

any ideas?  I think he install notes mention the binaries are for NetBSD 1.0.

btw- is it possible to get a serial connection faster than 19200 on the TT?
my 28.8 wants to be pushed to the limit :)

thanks
-kyle