Subject: Re: Installboot: OS revision not supported
To: Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/29/1996 09:20:09
[ Sorry it took me so long....]

Udo Erdelhoff wrote:

> Hi,
> last night I tried to install NetBSD-1.2 on my Atari TT. I didn't
> expect trouble because I had already intalled several varieties
> of unix on different machines. The installation is almost complete
> except for one annoying detail:
>
> installboot refuses to do anything, it just displays this message:
> installboot: NetBSD 1.2 199306: OS revision not supported
I just uploaded a corrected installboot(1) program to ftp.netbsd.org.
It can be found in the directory: .../NetBSD-1.2/atari/corrections/installboot.
The corrections to the source-code of installboot will be present in the
official 1.2 source-code patch.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to fix this problem in the installation
procedure itself (well actually it is, but that means I have to rebuild the
entire base-set). After the installer is finished, copy the updated
installboot program to /usr/mdec and type 'installboot <diskname>'.

Leo.