Subject: Re: PLIP, NetaTalk support on Falcon.
To: Peter Ross <pross@soho.ios.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@waubel.ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/15/1996 23:07:01

> The Linux people created some interesting stuff for the Mac to support Appletalk.
> One thing is called NetaTalk.  It would be nice to be able to add NetaTalk to the TT and
> Falcon via NetBSD, MiNTOS, and Linux as well as adding PLIP for the Falcon since it has
> a bidirectional parallel port.

Adding PLIP to the atari-kernel shouldn't be too difficult. If you want to do
this, compare the atari/dev/lpt.c with pc532/dev/lpt.c files. They both stem
from the same original. The pc532 variant has PLIP support from Matthias
Pfaller. I didn't include it mostly because - from memory - the TT lacks
some signals that the falcon does have. I also had no way of testing it either.
If you have a bit of experience in device drivers, I think a few hours of
hacking should do the trick...than wrap it into a patch and send it in ;-))

Leo.