Subject: Re: Resolution problem on Falcon
To: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@waubel.ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/30/1996 23:01:30
> If you were to install the NetBSD bootloader on the SCSI disk, ROM-TOS
> would not load it. TOS 4 first determines if an IDE disk is connected
> (and tries to boot from it, if it is) before searching for any SCSI
> targets.
Are you saying that when the boot-preference is set to NetBSD, TOS wouldn't
boot from the SCSI-disk because an IDE disk with a boot sector was found
eventhough it's bootpreference bit did not match?????? If this is true
it's even more brain damaged then I thought :-( The inability to restart
the search is a nuisance already.

> The NetBSD bootloader (when booted with the right Shift key pressed)
> can be told to boot TOS (or ASV or Linux) instead of NetBSD, but only
> if the TOS boot partition is located on either the same SCSI disk as
> the NetBSD bootloader, or else a higher SCSI target.
This reminds me of the fact that I still haven't converted your mail
explaning the bootloader into a decent manual-page format....

Leo.