Subject: Re: DSP device?
To: Lars Brinkhoff <md5lars@mdstud.chalmers.se>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/30/1996 10:54:30

> >	For inclusion in the NetBSD kernel it would have to be released
> >	under BSD style copyright, which should not cause a problem for
> >	it being used under linux. Linux uses ncurses which is under
> >	a BSD style copyright.
>
> Is this true also for code that is in the linux *kernel*?
I think so, yes. If I am correct they are currently using the code for
the FPU-emulator developed under the BSD copyright by Gordon Ross & Ken
Nakata.

> >	It all depends on your personal view as to which copyright you
> >	want to release code under :)
>
> Is there no way of releasing code under two (or more) copyrights?
I *think* you can do that. There will be some differences between the
drivers anyway as the driver <-> kernel interface is different.

> Argh, this copyright stuff is so silly.
It's a fact of life and I guess you'll have to live with it ;-)

Leo.