Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <p9548@iupmime.univ-lemans.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/23/1996 17:03:23

> Is that is possible to have an automatic mapping of the keyboard
> at the boot time, instead of running loadkmap? (not easy in single user)
> It could be done by watching the nvram, in the language cookie?
> Or putting it into the source code and select keyboard by using a #define
> FRA_KBD or GER_KBD (US_KBD allready exist).
This is an option. I think that if such an option is implemented however
the the best way (for readability) is to include the proper keymap.
This won't solve problems with pre-compiled kernels. What if you compile
loadkeymap to a static executable and put it in /sbin and place the
keymap file in /etc? You can reload the keymap in your /etc/profile.

Maybe I should provide both the loadkeymap + the generated maps in the
distribution.
Ideas? There's still *some* time before 1.2.....

Leo.