Subject: Re: Current kernel binaries - where?
To: None <D.L.Hastings@exeter.ac.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/06/1996 11:19:58

> Following the announcement that the "must reboot to re-use modem" bug has
> been fixed in the latest kernel, I went hunting for it (I have netbsd 1.1
>  - boot_fpe kernel installed on my Falcon). However, I have now tried
> every single netbsd mirror site in existance and can find neither the
> kernel binaries, nor the source for the current kernel! I have never yet
> compiled a kernel but am willing to try if no binaries can be found.
I haven't uploaded a new kernel binary since 1.1, so that you were not
able to find it doesn't surprise me. The latest kernel source can be gotten
at: ftp.netbsd.org://pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/sys.tar.gz

An how-to to build the kernel is in the FAQ (again at ftp.netbsd.org:
//ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/FAQ).

> So is there a place I can ftp the current kernels from? Or to get the
> source do I need to find the 1.1 source, hundreds of patches and apply
> them, or is the full current source tucked away somewhere?

If you are not in a hurry, you might want to wait a week or 2. I'm planning
to generate a new set of kernels & binaries.

There is also a gotcha when moving to a newer kernel: Some of the binaries
in /sbin should be updated too. I think most (if not all) of these updates
are covered by the update.tar.gz (usual place ...arch/atari look around a bit).

> Any info appreciated...
> Dan

Leo.