Subject: ppp
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Kohout <shanee@rabbit.augusta.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/14/1996 00:25:49
Hi all,

it works!!!!!! :-)

today I first connect my NetBSD-TT with my FreeBSD-PC sucessfully!!!!!
With 115200 Baud ocver /dev/ser02!

But there is one hook: I have to run mgetty first on th port, otherwise it
wont work ...

An ncftp example:

ncu.tar:  645120 bytes received in 55.87 seconds, 11.28 kB/s.

But there is one question (and maybe it is answered in german):

In the future, my provider will switch from slip to ppp (with dynamic
IP-addresses). So my IP address is no longer known.

What do I have to do to connect my TT with my PC (permanetely) and my PC
with my provider (temporalely) and what IP addresses should I use?

Thanx

--
Gruß, Andy
                  Der Mensch hat die Atombombe erfunden,