Subject: ethernet (was: Re: Does a TT have NVRAM?)
To: None <grefen@convex.com>
From: Mike de Petris <mike@interware.it>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/17/1996 23:00:50
>There was another one from PAM (~1000DM if I recall it correctly) which was
>nearly identical (also LANCE and no DMA). I don't know if it is still sold
>and I don't have the address (PAMsoft in Mainz, Germany) handy.
>As soon a I put NetBSD on my home machine I'm going to write a driver for this
>card (I've all the info and a card, I wrote the some stuff for it back than
>(TCP/IP for TOS)).

Did you work for PAM or what ? What was this TOS driver for ? I am
essentially looking for a card that let me share the BBS files over a
TCP/IP link to my Mac and PCs on the ethernet, so I think I need a simple
TCP/IP stack, working with MagiC and the ethernet hardware..... suggestions
?

>> >I think, the second best option will be a SCSI ethernet adaptor. The
>> >main disadvantage is that a good SCSI adaptor will be expensive.
>>
>Same cost range as as the VME boards (you can still get non-Atari VME boards
>for even more money ...).
>How about a parallel Adapter where you can get a PC-packet driver or
>Linux driver for.  (e.g. NOT xircom )? The Dlink should (605?) should be
>ok (It comes also under as various other names ...)

Anybody selling a cheap ethernet solution for my problem ?? 8^)

Ciao, *Mike*
http://www.interware.it/users/mike/
http://www.interware.it/tsr/
mike@interware.it