Subject: Re: Does a TT have NVRAM?
To: None <grefen@convex.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/14/1996 16:09:00
> > >Currently there is no ethernet driver software for the Atari port.
> > >I know that Leo, the maintainer of the Atari specific code, is very
> > >much interested in an ethernet solution. The problem is that the only
> > >acceptable card for the TT, the Riebl VME-card, is no longer being sold.
> >
> > Sad! How much did it cost ?
>
> There was another one from PAM (~1000DM if I recall it correctly) which was
> nearly identical (also LANCE and no DMA). I don't know if it is still sold
> and I don't have the address (PAMsoft in Mainz, Germany) handy.
> As soon a I put NetBSD on my home machine I'm going to write a driver for this
> card (I've all the info and a card, I wrote the some stuff for it back than
> (TCP/IP for TOS)).
I think 1000DM is quite a bit of an overkill considering that I just want
to hookup my Xterminal...

> > >I think, the second best option will be a SCSI ethernet adaptor. The
> > >main disadvantage is that a good SCSI adaptor will be expensive.
And they seem to be quite rare too

> Same cost range as as the VME boards (you can still get non-Atari VME boards
> for even more money ...).
I got some price info about VME ethernet boards. The list I've got starts
at 1800DM :-( (yes, yes I _has_ DMA ...).
> How about a parallel Adapter where you can get a PC-packet driver or
> Linux driver for.  (e.g. NOT xircom )? The Dlink should (605?) should be
> ok (It comes also under as various other names ...)
I've got a scematic for connecting a Dlink to the TT-cardridge port. I don't
know how much this beast costs...

Leo.