Subject: Re: Does a TT have NVRAM?
To: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
From: Mike de Petris <mike@interware.it>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/13/1996 23:56:39
>> possibly with the option of a cheap ethernet adapter
>
>Currently there is no ethernet driver software for the Atari port.
>I know that Leo, the maintainer of the Atari specific code, is very
>much interested in an ethernet solution. The problem is that the only
>acceptable card for the TT, the Riebl VME-card, is no longer being sold.

Sad! How much did it cost ?

>I think, the second best option will be a SCSI ethernet adaptor. The
>main disadvantage is that a good SCSI adaptor will be expensive.

Yes, too much..... are you all using serial connections ? Are there also
PLIP parallel drivers as in MiNTNet ?

>> I also ask myself whether anybody is working to port network stuff
>> (ppp and ethernet) to work with MagiC as MiNTnet works with MiNT.
>
>I remember, that MiNT had to be changed, to make MiNTnet work. This
>was no problem with MiNT, because the sources were (and still are)
>freely available. But where do you get the MagiC sources?

Well, maybe it is not necessary to change MagiC to make it work, anyway, if
a good TCP-IP stack is on work, ASH could build the necessary support in
MagiC.

Ciao, *Mike*
http://www.interware.it/users/mike/
http://www.interware.it/tsr/