Subject: Re: Compiling Kernel (long!)
To: Andreas Kohout <shanee@rabbit.augusta.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/11/1996 12:42:07
> you remember, I try to compile sbin/ ...
>
> in savecore is zopen.c missing
Yes, this one is taken form usr.bin/compress

> in mount_msdos:
>
> mount_msdos.c: In funktion =B4main=B4:
> mount_msdos.c:78: structure has no member named =B4flags=B4
> mount_msdos.c:78: =B4MSDOSFSMNT_GEMDOSFS=B4 undeclared (first use this fu=
[ ..... ]
Install the latest include.tar.gz.

> I think, I can=B4t compile mount_msdos without the whole current-src-tree=
> =2E So it =
>
> is better to include the binary in the kernel-src-tree for them they comp=
> ile =
>
> the kernel ... (my english is terrible, I hope you understand :-).
As I explained in my previous mail: No. You might end up putting the whole
source tree in the kernel-source-tree!

> But I need a mount_msdos! Please send one via mail ... maybe Thomas G.? =
As an experiment, I have put a tar archive 'current.tar.gz' on ftp.netbsd.org
(/pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/bin.updates). I don't know if I can keep it updated,
the future will learn.

[ ....  ]
> I try to fetch the current-src and compile the things mayself. Is a parti=
> tion =
>
> with 60MByte enouph?
No not quite ;-) I think you'll need 200Mb to store sources & objects.

Leo.