Subject: Re: Math library for FPU-less machines (was Re: Etc...)
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/06/1996 15:49:00
I found this on the mac68k mailing-list. It is also of interest for those
people running NetBSD/atari without an FPU.

Leo.

---------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------

> Anybody know why some programs won't "make" without an FPU?  Floating
> point exception error: Floating point emulator type "None" unknown or
> something to that effect?  I've seen a message about the problem before?
> And what's the latest FPE update?  I haven't caught any mail on it lately.

***ATTENTION***

Anyone running NetBSD/mac68k without a hardware FPU, please obtain and
install this math library files for FPU-less environment:

ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/private/kenn/libm-nomc68881.tar.gz

It avoids to use unimplemented FPU instructions in FPE, so works better
on FPU-less machines.

ken
----------- End Forwarded Message -----------