Subject: Re: Some questions
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG, allad000@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/21/1995 21:07:30
Hallo Dirk,

> this weekend I managed to install NetBSD 1.1 on my Falcon and it works
> fine. Now I have a few additional questions:
>
> - is it possible to mount a ZIP-drive?

I'm not sure what you mean by mounting a drive. The mount(8)
utillity can mount partitions containing some sort of file
system, not drives. I can't see any reason why one should
not be able to mount a partition on a ZIP-medium, assuming
that the low-level driver recognizes the drive.

If the medium has not been initialised yet, run disklabel(8)
to partition the medium, and run newfs(8) on each partition.

> - I want to install inews, because I need it to run uqwk, where can I
>   get this?

There's an inews in the INN package.

> - are there any pop clients except the very simple one for linux?

This question pops up ;-) very frequently in comp.mail.sendmail
and other comp.mail groups.

Waldi