Subject: Re: Problems installing NetBSD/atari 1.1-BETA on Falcon
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/20/1995 10:08:00
> > > Some negative hints (not important):
> > > 	-  the TOS-tools: chg_pid, rawwrite, and loadbsd are not "user-friendly"
> > > 	   i.e. they don't wait for RETURN after finished work,
> > > 	   so one couldn't recognize status or error msg on GEM, because
> > > 	   the output screen dissapeared at once
>
> You could run them from a text shell. Mupfel is quite nice under TOS, and
> allthough it's shareware, you don't have to pay for it at the moment, the
> price has gone down to DM 0,00 for quite some time now.
>
> > Yes we did. Loadbsd.ttp _should_ wait when it is about to exit to TOS,
>
> Loadbsds output behaves very strange when running it from a shell under
> MagiC. Not that it really matters to me, just a FYI. :-) Maybe it's a
> problem of the libc (which one are you using?).
The latest revision (from memory 1.8 - the one that support FX) might be
better. Nat! reported that in the older revisions output that was intended
for stderr was send to his modem :-( Now all errors are just send to stdout.
I am using my own version of libc.a, it's over 5 years old so I don't know
the specifics anymore.

Leo.