Subject: Re: Ringbuffer-size?
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/06/1995 00:19:02
Hallo Leo,

> > I started at 16KB, but found that 4096 bytes is enough (YMMV).
>
> The elements of the ringbuffer are ints - 4 bytes - this means
> that setting ZLRB_RING_SIZE to 4096 will allocate 16Kb. I was
> planning to increase the ring size to 4096 for the 1.1 release.
> It's still open for discussion though - not too long ;-)

Oops, I'll restate: I started with a ring buffer size of 16384
elements, but found that 4096 elements is enough (YMMV).

As a contribution to the discussion: make the ring buffer size
an option in the kernel config file, so it's easy to change
when someone wants more (or less). A default of 4096 elements
is fine with me.

Waldi