Subject: Re: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/20/1995 11:47:24
> >  no suitable root
> > is printed and the system hangs. Did you change something on the
> > NBR/NBU/NBS partition id system?
> There have been some interesting changes in the labeling sceme. You
> can now put a NetBSD disklabel on a partition. This gives you the
> possibility of partitioning a disk 'mostly' independent of the AHDI
> partitioning. The disk my root partition is on wasn't even touched by
> AHDI. This can currently only be accomplished from a running NetBSD
> system however. I did not have the time yet to make the install tools
> do the job. Anyway, this was ment to be the first step to make NetBSD
> able to be booted without TOS.
> The sceme I mentioned _should_ be backwards compatible, as long as
> you don't mark a partition with 'NBD'.

Hm... I didn't.
Well, no problem as I will probably wait until Oct 27.... :)
But... If NetBSD won't recognize my NBR partition anymore?

Do you mean that you never partitioned your harddisk with TOS tools
but that NetBSD itself did the job?
Then you have reached a goal linux hackers didn't yet!! ;)

Benni
--
      ,,,,
      /'^'\