Subject: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/18/1995 15:49:48
Hi Leo and all the other Atari NetBSD users!

After some work on my hardware (SCSI termination, Fast Ram Card
and SIMMs), NetBSD runs without any MMU fault -- great!

I am using a netbsd #5 kernel with DMA to TT Ram disabled.
(Is this still needed?...)

Here come a lot of questions / remarks

 - under heavy load (well, while running the /etc/daily script ;))
   the keyboard driver doubles some input characters:
   I write hello and I get hhellloo or something similar.

 - mounting of msdos partitions doesn't work. Waldi, didn't you
   fix this? where can I find a patched kernel?

 - quotas are "not build in this kernel". Is this a general
   problem or just some decision while configuring the
   kernel?

 - fsck always checks the filesystem and mount says: please fsck(8).
   Seems as if the clean flag never gets set?

 - I found a pppd -- is SLIP also compiled in? Where can I find
   a dip source and/or binary that compiles/runs under NetBSD?

 - Which files do I need to try out X11R6? Where can I find them
   on ftp.netbsd.org?

 - When is the 1.1 release scheduled? I heard something of Nov 95?

 - how can I test how much memory is in use and how much swapspace
   is available?

 - how can I switch over to a german keyboard layout?

Okay, that's it for the moment... ;)

Ciao,
Benni
--