Subject: Re: date
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/23/1995 18:50:34
Adventurer <asx@ccnet.com> wrote:

> The date seems to get messed up whenever I enter NetBSD.  Actually, the
> time gets messed up.
>
> And when I set the date and time using date and reboot, the date is
> incremented by one day and the time is messed up (in TOS.)
>
> Of course I do not have a battery clock but that is why I set my clock
> before going to NetBSD.

A TT without battery clock? I don't think NetBSD would run if this were true.

Your hardware clock is supposed to be running in UTC (universal coordinated
time) and the /etc/localtime symlink should point to the apropriate file in
/usr/share/zoneinfo (in my case /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Amsterdam).

If your clock is still running in local time because of silly ol' TOS, then
you (as root) can change it to UTC, by executing:

	date -us "$[ $(date -u '+%s') - $(date '+%s') ] seconds"

Regards,
Waldi