Subject: Re: Falcon--TT (fwd)
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/24/1995 20:57:02
Hi Jonathan,

> > > The slight problem here is that I want to get networked, but don't know
> > > of any other way for sure than specterGCR. I've heard that NetBSD for the
> > > Atari works with networking, and I was wondering what it supported on the
> > > TT. Is it the internal Mac-LAN port, or will it support a external
> > > SCSI-Ethernet card?
> >
> > The best think you can get at the moment is ppp or slip on the modem2 or
> > serial2 port. The baudrate is currently limited to 19K2 but Waldi already
> > has ideas how to get it up to 115k.
> > If you have an ethernetcard, however, don't hesitate to write a driver
> > for it :-)
>
> Hmm... If i tried that, is there anyone out there who could help me with
> it? (maybe familiar with the SCSI-ethernet adaptor, or the LAN builtin
> one?)

There are several VME ethernet cards available for the TT, and maybe there
is some driver from another platform which could be used as a starting point
(is there Leo?).

As far as the RS422 port is concerned, it's probably a lot of work to implement
HDLC support in the current 8530 driver, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Regards,
Waldi