Subject: Re: GEMDOS-FS problems
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/15/1995 08:20:00
Hi,

> > > How big is your biggest GEMDOS-fs, which can be mounted under NetBSD ?
> >
> > Approx. 720KB, a floppy. :-) Gemdos-fss on hard disk are > 80MB.
> So it was on my disks, until I partitioned my NetBSD-disk as I told in
> my last mails.
> This let me think that NO GEMDOS-fss on disk will work up to now ;-)
It seems that I'm the only one with working GEMDOS-fss :-( I don't know
why this is the case. Maybe because they were created by an old version
of AHDI. It is quite handy to mount an GEMDOS filesystem. I use a
GEMDOS-fs as a /stand filesystem. After building a kernel, I put it in
/stand and loadbsd loads it from there. Just make /netbsd a symlink to
the correct netbsd in /stand and ps and friends will also work.

Leo.