Subject: GEMDOS-FS problems (was Re: Netbsd.h8...)
To: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
From: Helmar Goettsch <goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/13/1995 00:36:31
Hi Waldi,

> Gemdos and msdos filesystems are only compatible to a certain extent.
> The limit is probably at 32MB. Try a gemdos fs on a floppy, that
> should work (fd0b => DoubleDensity, no HD yet).
Hmm, today I've partitioned a new disk with NBR, NBS, some NBU filesystems
and one GEMDOS-fs with exact 30.03 MB on partition d .
I succeded in installing / and /usr fs from the install-script, but then
when I mount_msdos /dev/sd0d on /mnt/tos, ls /mnt/tos delivers NOTHING --
but df says 26 MB used. Both is  WRONG , on sd0d I have the NetBSD-binaries
with an amount of about 18MB. Are the 30.03 MB already too much, or is
this another bug (perhaps special on Falcon) for Leo (hi :-) ?
How big is your biggest GEMDOS-fs, which can be mounted under NetBSD ?

Bye HEG
          ___   __   Helmar Goettsch (Admin HEG: Lehrstuhl III, Informatik)
  /   /  /     /  '  Orleansstr. 34, D-81667 Muenchen     Room: O109, ZI
 /---/--/-----/--+   Phone:  +49-89-48095-190	privat: +49-89-367279
/   /  /___  /__/    email: goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de