Subject: Re: Falcon with NetBSD?
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/12/1995 18:20:00
Hi Leo,

> There has been a discussion about this on the mailing list. Waldi found
> out that MSDOS filesystems > 32Mb will not work with the current msdosfs
> code. I don't think I have time to fix this very soon for 3 reasons:
> Maybe Waldi is willing to look at it. He has at least the necessary
> knowledge about the fs-code and (since last night) he has the NetBSD
> kernel code and, last but not least, he has the same problems :-).

I finally got full NetBSD sources, and after some minor changes
the kernel did compile. The system clock is now initialised
correctly from the battery clock, but I'm still working on the
TTHIGH problem. I spent last night going through the relevant
source files, couldn't point out any obvious problem though.
So this might take a little longer than I was hoping for.

I'm not sure what I'll do after that. I also looked at the
SCC driver, and would like to adjust it so it can use rates
>= 57K6 (I'm especially interested in 76K8 at SCC-B and 230K4
at SCC-A).  I don't think that would take too much time, I
already have data & code available, since I was working on
an SCC driver for MiNT.

If nothing else comes in between, the msdos-fs driver will be
third on my list, allthough I'm beginning to like transferring
data between MiNT/Linux and NetBSD with dd, it's faster than
anything else. :-)

Waldi