Subject: Re: Falcon with NetBSD?
To: None <kamikaze@imsa.edu>
From: Helmar Goettsch <goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/12/1995 10:32:11
Hello Jonathan,
your mail
'
' Hello, I'm new to this list.
' I recently downloaded NetBSD and was hoping that if it would install on a
' TT, it could work on a Falcon. Unfortunatly the distribution that I had
' gotten from NetBSD.org didn't work. It must have been looking for something
' in the computer to ID it as a TT. Does this new release I just saw posted
' in the list work on a Falcon? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to this list
and to the famous Falcon-developer  Leo  (Leo Weppelman) ;-)
and		  Falcon-tester	    HEG  (Helmar Goettsch, myself) ;-)
As I know I'm the first tester of NetBSD on Falcon at all and I'm
in privat email contact with Leo since I recieved the first test-kernel,
forwarding greater efforts in development on port-atari.
The actual status  (since yesterday evening :-) is that the kernel, I have
runs on my Falcon in single-user mode with loaded ram-filesystem. But this
is a special test kernel from Leo (netbsd.h8); perhaps Leo can tell you more
about it, and if you and Leo want you can get it from my site (via fast
Internet :-).
It fails yet on mount_msdos my GEMDOS partition, so I can't proceed in
installation after loading the ram-fs. So I stopped there and got a sh.
With this Shell I can look into the ram-fs, list dirs and read files,
this seems right.
If you want I forward all mail from/to Leo to you also.
Do you have succeded in writing the 3 floppy-images on floppy ?
I had many problems, since I got a good 'rawwrite' program from Leo.
the old one from sun-lamp don't do it right for Falcon, may be there is a
correct version on lamp now.
Nice to have ONE Falcon-collegue at last :-)
' -Jonathan
Bye, HEG
          ___   __   Helmar Goettsch (Admin HEG: Lehrstuhl III, Informatik)
  /   /  /     /  '  Orleansstr. 34, D-81667 Muenchen     Room: O109, ZI
 /---/--/-----/--+   Phone:  +49-89-48095-190	privat: +49-89-367279
/   /  /___  /__/    email: goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de