Subject: Re: bits and pieces
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl, waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
From: Arne Henrik Juul <arnej@phys.unit.no>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/10/1995 15:41:58
 > > > I just sym-linked '/etc/localtime' to '/usr/share/zoneinfo/MET', this works
 > > > ok.
 > >
 > > That works fine for `now', but not for the past. AFAIK detailed information
 > > on European countries is freely available, I don't know why it isn't included
 > > in NetBSD. However, this is not specific to the Atari port. What would be the
 > > appropriate mailing list?
 > You can send a mail with body 'lists' to get aan overview of available
 > mailing lists to majordomo (if this doesn't work, try 'help'). In this
 > case 'current-users' seems to be the  correct list.

In this case, -current sources has the problem fixed already, so
if you have current with sources up and running, go to /usr/src/share/zoneinfo
and do 'make; make install'. My -current (i386) system has, in
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe:

rtfm:~:(301)$ ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/
Amsterdam       Chisinau        London          Riga            Vaduz
Andorra         Copenhagen      Luxembourg      Rome            Vatican
Athens          Dublin          Madrid          San_Marino      Vienna
Belfast         Gibraltar       Malta           Sarajevo        Vilnius
Belgrade        Helsinki        Minsk           Simferopol      Warsaw
Berlin          Istanbul        Monaco          Skopje          Zagreb
Bratislava      Kiev            Moscow          Sofia           Zurich
Brussels        Kuybyshev       Oslo            Stockholm
Bucharest       Lisbon          Paris           Tallinn
Budapest        Ljubljana       Prague          Tirane

Yours,
  -  Arne H. J.