Subject: Re: New stuff on lamp
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/08/1995 03:06:43
Hi Leo,

> > 	mknod fd0c b 2 2
> > 	mknod rfd0c c 16 2
> > 	newfs -N /dev/rfd0c
> > 	=> device not configured
> >
> > I suppose the minor number was wrong, what is the correct number?
> The numbers are correct the driver obviously is not. You probably get
> an I/O error. Try dd-ing from it. If this does not work, I probably
> flip the wrong bits for the clockrate or floppy density line. It's
> hard to write drivers for things you don't have :-(

Once again there seems to be trouble with floppies formatted by Kobold.
After I reformatted under the ROM-TOS desktop (is it already possible
to format under NetBSD?):

	# dd if=/dev/fd0c of=/dev/null count=1024
Works fine (8738 bytes/sec.).
	# dd if=/dev/rfd0c of=/dev/null count=1024
No problem (2661 bytes/sec.?).
	# newfs -N /dev/rfd0c
	newfs: ioctl(GDINFO): inappropriate ioctl for device
	# newfs -N /dev/rfd0c floppyhd
	... 2880 sectors in 80 cyl. of 2 tracks, 18 sectors ...
	# newfs /dev/rfd0c floppyhd
Ouch, a lot of terrible noise, drivehead bouncing...
	floppy error: seek error

Waldi