Subject: Re: New stuff on lamp
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/06/1995 13:44:40
Hallo Leo,

>     - netsbsd.3.gz/netbsd.3 (in kernels)

First visible difference with vs. 2: no more `dma-ready: code 2'.

>       of a joke because I was able to mount all my ufs partitions as
>       MSDOS filesystems. This is probably due to the fact that the
>       Atari AHDI program always creates a MSDOS-filesystem on each
>       partition it creates and newfs does not wipe-out the first
>       block of the filesystem as it considers it a bootblock.

Well, HDX is pretty obsolete and no longer supported. Other format/
partition tools do a better job. It would be possible to do all kinds
of checks to decide whether a partition really contains a FAT fs, but
who cares? It's fairly easy to write all zeroes in sector 0 with dd.

>       I also modified the floppy driver because HD floppies could
>       not work. If they work now, I don't know because I can't test
>       it.

After remounting the rootfs I tried to create entries for fd0c:

	mknod fd0c b 2 2
	mknod rfd0c c 16 2
	newfs -N /dev/rfd0c
	=> device not configured

I suppose the minor number was wrong, what is the correct number?

Here's what happens with the CD-ROM:

	disklabel /dev/rcd0a
	type: SCSI
	disk: SCSI CD-ROM
	label: fictitious
	flags: removable
	bytes/sector: 2048
	sectors/track: 100
	tracks/cylinder: 1
	sectors/cylinder: 100
	cylinders: 2950
	rpm: 300
	interleave: 1
so far, so good.

	1 partitions:
	a: 1179604	0	ISO9660		(Cyl. 0-11796*)
	disklabel: boot block size 0
	disklabel: super block size 0
	disklabel: partition a: partition extends past end of unit
yep, ~1.6 GB. :-)

	mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt
	=> operation not supported by device

Waldi