Subject: msdosfs problems
To: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/06/1995 13:48:38
Hi Waldi,
> ... Lots of stuff about msdosfs deleted ...

> I suppose the only way to get it going is to get the sources and fix
> them. Would you happen to know a cross-compiler/binutils for either
> MiNT or Linux?
Before starting such complicated actions that probably give way to new
problems, it might be an idea to try some other options first:
  - you can create an msdos filesystem that complies with all the
    restrictions you have found. Maybe in a swap partition? If you
    have a partitioning tool that does not mangle your whole disk
    (as AHDI does), maybe you can split the swap partition?
  - put the sets on a raw partition and tar from it.

When NetBSD is properly installed, it will be a hell of a lot easier
to fiddle with the msdosfs code.

Leo.