Subject: Re: segmentation faults with new loadbsd
To: None <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/04/1995 08:12:00
Hi Benni,
> > What is the pagesize? 4MB?
> :-) I think it is something like 32k or so?
> Didn't think before replying...
No, 8Kb for all m68k NetBSD ports exept the hp300.

> > Shouldn't I try something like 14 MB TT RAM (+2 MB ST RAM = 16 MB) then?
> > Or 6 MB to get 8 MB in total?
No, I want to make sure your memory config is one I _know_ will work because
I tried (and can try :-) ) it. That's why I proposed to 4MB TT ramsize
setting to you.
Maybe it is time to retreat your steps again. Otherwise there is a chance
that we don't know what we are testing anymore.
Let's start at the beginning...
You have a TT with 2/20Mb ram, some SCSI devices and a 'normal' monitor :-(
and nothing special attached.
When boot it from floppy using 'loadbsd -b -T 4194304 netbsd' does
this produce any problems? If it does not, I would propose to start
the installation from here, so we at least know that it is installed
properly.
If this all turns out to work, I would propose increasing TT mem in
4Mb steps, just to see when it fails, if it fails, my guess is that
the last working value will be 16Mb.

Leo.