Subject: Re: Did you try the new kernel?
To: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/01/1995 22:29:36

> > What??? No definitely not! I am going to look what's wrong here!
> > I'll get back to you later...
>
> If you lost the mails, tell me... I'll send them to you again then.
I just got them from the archives. I still don't know how I could get
unsubscribed to this mailing list, I am quite sure I didn't do it!
Anyway, I resubscribed and just hope it won't happen again (hope it
wouldn't have happened to some others either).
To your problems:
 - Memory troubles:
	I am quite sure it must be something in your hardware configuration.
	I tried myself using NetBSD with 2Mb ST and 4Mb TT ram, this worked
	ok. The only thing I can't test is 20Mb TT ram. I tried to put
	a new loadbsd on sun-lamp that would allow you to decrease TT
	memory, but the connection was very bad, so I'll mail it to you
	personally and put it on lamp tomorrow. Just try fiddling with
	the '-T' option. I found out there is some constant limit
	on the 'Sysptesize'. Because memory on the Atari is segmented
	your 20Mb TT ram yields a maximum physical address of 46Mb.
	I can imagine someone putting the maximum to 32Mb. Most part
	of the VM-system I copied without looking at it so I might
	miss something there.
 - /dev/rsd0e not found:
	As you assigned a partition to use as swap just before the
	error, I assume that you are using the former 'sd0d' partition
	as a swap partition now. You just hit one of the pitfalls in
	the NetBSD partition sceme! The previous 'd' partition has
	shifted to 'b' (swap) and the previous 'e' partition has
	become 'd'.

Thats all for now, lets you if I get to back through the mailing list!

- Leo.