Subject: Idle for a bit
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/2001 23:27:27
Just a heads up that I'll be idle (well more idle than currently) for the
next 3 weeks (I'll still read email) but I've got other commitments coming up
(I'm actually in a play that starts in a fortnight, so I just don't have the
time to sit down and code.)

This is just in case people are wondering what happened to my ideas on pmap,
I've been looking at how our pmap works, certainly something that stands out
is that our pmap_remove is really really slow as it loops through the whole
of the 16k L1 table looking for ptp's to free off, so I might take the i386
approach of using a uvm_object and allocating them into that, so that there's
just a linked list to walk and free off entries, I'll probably also work on
then getting ptp's also freed off as ptp's are no longer used. I'd also like
to get growkernel in place as well, as this saves having the logic for
allocating kernel ptp's all over the place.

Oh for 36hr days :)

Cheers,
Chris