Subject: Re: ARM 7TDMI aborts
To: John Fremlin , Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/03/2001 00:57:57
On Saturday 02 June 2001 11:27 pm, John Fremlin wrote:
> Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org> writes:

> I get the copyright printed fine, then (this time 100% reproduceable)
> I get
>
>         panic: uvm_km_suballoc: unable to allocate space in parent map

If you're jumping into main yep, it will blow up, pmap requires some things
to be setup before attempting anything vaguely normal ;)

> which I don't understand at all. It shouldn't be running out of memory
> and other pmap things have worked.

You are probably causing a fault to happen, what's the trace for it?

> > That's not good.  It'll screw up other users of disassem() (like
> > DDB).  The abort-fixup code should be printing the address itself.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > I'll look at making it do this.
>
> Cool! But please don't touch cpufunc.c for a moment - I have no CVS
> write access and pending changes to it :-(

CVS will happily try to merge stuff, and ben has just submitted the changes
for this :)

Cheers,
Chris